How to Destroy Your Career the Josh Trank Way in 8 Easy Steps!!~
1) When given the task of adapting a famous and classic superhero comic book, describe your vision for the characters that shows a disconnect with the source material by making it "grounded" "dark" and "edgy". Describe these superpowers as "body-horror disabilities" and don't anticipate the obvious fan backlash.
2) Tell the cast not to read/research the comics whatsoever.
3) Just remake your previous movie [Chronicle] dressed-up as this new movie…clearly feeding your pretentious ego because you got lucky and had a successful first movie.
4) Arrive on set drunk and high as a kite.
5) Trash a rental home, forcing studio executives to fly down to New Orleans and pay a fortune to the owners so they wouldn't sue and generate negative publicity. Blame it on your dogs (and drawing on the wall. WTF?) Get yourself booted off the Star Wars film you were supposed to direct.
6) Claim the comic book film adaptation is NOT for the fans.
7) On opening night, go on Twitter and unprofessionally put all the blame on the studio, burning bridges in the process and making an ass out of yourself.
8) Get drunk and argue with trolls on 4chan.
…classy, ain't he?